Experience invigorating tapping massage to prime your muscles for intense physical activity. This specialized massage technique, favored by athletes and fitness enthusiasts alike, readies the body for rigorous exercise by providing a burst of energy and a sense of overall well-being.
Tapping massage sets itself apart from other popular massage techniques, including effleurage, friction, palpating-rolling, kneading, and vibration, due to its unique stimulating effect. This technique acts by enhancing the body’s natural flow and bolstering respiratory function, making it an essential component of sports massage.
As it improves blood and lymphatic circulation, tapping massage also promotes toxin elimination and delivers oxygen and vital nutrients to the muscles, helping them recover quickly. The benefits of tapping massage extend beyond physical benefits, as it also positively impacts mental health and reduces stress levels.
Treat yourself to a tapping massage and experience its many advantages for yourself. Whether you’re a fitness enthusiast or simply looking to feel revitalized, tapping massage is an effective way to boost your body and mind.
Tapping Massage Technique
Tapping, also known as percussion or hatching, is a massage technique that involves rapid, successive beats with both hands alternating on a targeted area. This continuous hammering motion produces a distinct sound similar to that of a drum. To execute the technique, the force should come solely from the wrists, while the elbows and shoulders remain still.
Tapping Massage in Practice
Tapping massage involves two distinct movements: hatching and clapping.
Hatching entails beating with the tips of the fingers and palms in a drummer-like fashion, characterized by a particularly rapid rhythm. The frequency and intensity of the movements vary based on the type of massage, with lighter, slower percussions being used for relaxing massages.
Clapping, also known as slapping, involves forming a hollow curve with the inside of the hands and striking the area with rapid beats. The shape of the hands may differ, but the principles remain the same.
The Modality of Tapping Massage Application
Tapping is particularly effective when performed on fleshy areas of the body, such as the thighs, buttocks, hips, and calves. It can also be applied to the face, head, or shoulder in certain types of massages.
During the massage, the tapping should maintain a consistent rhythm to provide the recipient with all its benefits. The resulting vibratory movement is a pleasurable sensation and causes no pain on contact with the skin.
Benefits of Tapping Massage
Here are the benefits of tapping massage listed out:
- Prepares the body for intense physical activity
- Increases circulation
- Aids in toxin elimination
- Promotes relaxation
- Reduces stress levels
- Suitable for a wide range of individuals
- Offers a rejuvenating experience
- Energizes the body and mind
When is tapping massage recommended?
Tapping is a versatile massage technique that can benefit individuals in various ways. Here are some of the situations when tapping is recommended:
- In sports massage to prepare athletes.
- In therapeutic massage to relieve certain muscular and digestive diseases.
- In therapeutic massage to clear the respiratory tract.
- In well-being massage to relax the body by evacuating stress.
Tapping massage contraindications
While tapping massage can be beneficial for many people, there are some cases where it should not be performed. Here are the contraindications of tapping massage:
- In a pregnant woman.
- In a person with skin problems.
- In a sick person unless the massage is performed for therapeutic purposes.
- At the level of the bony area of the body under penalty of causing severe pain.
- By mobilizing the arms or the elbows which will modify the intensity of the movements causing inconvenience for the massed.
- After all surgeries.
- In a person suffering from cardiovascular disease, except on the advice of the attending physician.